With the booming market space for the designers all over the world , the comparison between UX design and Product design is frequently hastout. The truth is UX designers and Product designers have no much difference they do the similar jobs. Product designers often become UX designers and vice versa.
1. What is a UX designer?
UX designer focuses on the interaction between real human users (like me and you) and everyday products and services, such as websites, apps, and even coffee machines. UX designers mainly focus on the customer satisfaction and ensures the design fulfills the user’s needs . They also focus on the improving the usability and accessibility. UX designer is concerned primarily with the customer journey. UX designer is responsible for the product is optimized for the user.
How Much Does a UX Designer Make?
Just like product design, UX design roles pay pretty well—for entry-level, mid-level, and senior-level jobs.
As per the Glassdoor, the national average base salary for a UX designer is $90,067.In NYC, the average salary for someone new to UX design is $77,000 .Here’s a global snapshot of UX average designer salaries in 2020 based on data provided by Glassdoor, Indeed, and PayScale.
- United States: $85,000 USD per year
- Australia: A$90,000 per year ($57,000 USD)
- Canada: CA$72,000 per year ($52,000 USD)
- China: ¥204,000 per year ($30,000 USD)
- Germany: €51,000 per year ($56,000 USD)
- India: ₹840,994 per year ($11,000 USD)
- United Kingdom: £36,120 per year ($45,000 USD)
2. What is a product designer?
A product designer drives his design from industrial perceptive. A product designer is concerned with the customer’s experience as well as the goals of the business itself. Product designer also work on multilevel accepts to over see the full life span off the product. They must understand the business goals and objectives , know the budget seek and identify the problem with the products. they have to stick on a strict time frame.
How Much Does a Product Designer Make?
A career in product design can be quite lucrative. According to Glassdoor, the national average base salary for a product designer is $106,766. Here’s a global snapshot of UX average designer salaries in 2020 based on data provided by Glassdoor, Indeed, and PayScale.
- United States: $82,583 USD per year
- Australia: A$99,579 per year ($68,000 USD)
- Canada: CA$61,752 per year ($45,000 USD)
- China: ¥203,473 per year ($28,000 USD)
- Germany: €46,610 per year ($52,000 USD)
- India: ₹1,350,000 per year ($17,000 USD)
- United Kingdom: £40,761 per year ($50,000 USD)
The main take away is that UX designer and product designer have the similar jobs, But few responsibility have been added in whole process of building a brand. In fact, the roles are so similar that they’re easily interchangeable.
Hopefully, this piece of content has provided you with a clear distinction between the two job . For further reading UX design, check out our articles on: